May 28, 2008

whiny

This is being written after eleven at night after a long day with more long days ahead... so I apologize in advance. You can stop reading if it really bothers you.

I seem to be losing many battles lately. At the moment, my cat has outsmarted me again. No matter how I arrange the furniture, no matter how many rubbermaid containers fit under my bed, she still manages to get under there to scratch her little claws loudly and destructively. I have more than twenty years life experience, a larger brain, AND opposable thumbs to my advantage, and i'm still bested by a creature who might technically be smaller than a bread box. It's a wonder I have any dignity in tact.

Things on my mind... work, responsibility, dreams, realism, bad habits, boundaries, what-ifs, calories, possibilities, manners, housing, lists, money, comprehension. All at once, sometimes. My brain is tired.

If all had gone according to plan, and there had not been so much car repair in the past couple of months, this entry would've described my trip to Seattle. I miss my sister. And i still have never seen Washington.

Church went well tonight, which is funny, because I felt more like a hypocrite than ever. I taught a lesson on holiness.

I need to work on the Independence Day piece for drama ministry. It looks like i'm just going to have to write it, since i have yet to find anything that works. I might post it here when i'm done. If it goes well enough, i might post video. That, of course, is assuming that i figure out how to do that.....

0 thoughts: