October 27, 2008

flash!

This is just a fly-by entry, because it's Monday morning at work and you KNOW there's a zillion things to do. But a few important notes:

Thanks to all who gave input about my Guitar Hero dilemma. Due to overwhelming response, I am keeping the game. It is happy.

Of course, once a person makes a purchase like that (and opens an electronic item, therefore branding it unable-to-be-returned), something goes wrong. In this case, it's the crashing laptop. I know the $50 I spend on Guitar Hero wouldn't even begin to cover it, but I can't help but fight the panic over the files I can no longer access. Files I use for my JOB, for the CHRISTMAS PLAY, and the amazing resource that is the internet that I need for half of what I do. Seeking solution.....

Meanwhile, today starts a week where my department is short-staffed and I must also prepare for next week's absence. So please, listeners who feel the need to call me about the "Obama lawsuit" or asking our manager to help you fight city council.... can it please wait? (and for the record, did you ever consider that the Democratic party would not waste their time, money, and resources on a candidate that was not eligible for the presidency? And i'm sorry you're having trouble with the city, but you should contact an attorney, not a radio station).

This weekend, I just crashed like my computer. Deer-in-the-headlights reaction to a full plate. I woke up with a pounding heart and stomach in knots- text book anxiety. On Saturday, I took two naps and watched a lot of tv to distract me- to no avail. On Sunday, I tried to cram two days worth of activity into one. Not smart. It's no wonder i'm still queasy.... then again, if I quit eating poptarts for breakfast, that might help. Does anyone know how to make eggs in 30 seconds to go?

2 thoughts:

Chris Hayner said...

hi mal!

becca said...

do you like hardboiled eggs? you could make some the night before and have them to go...re: poptarts: how does the frosting not melt in the toaster? nevermind, i don't want to know...my hermit crab's name is still asha. what are you going to be for halloween?