October 22, 2008

nothings gonna change my world

I sat in Sophia's black round moon chair last night in front of her cd player. I just got my "Across the Universe" cd from Claudia's fundraiser, and didn't want to wait until I was in the car this morning to hear it. Then I thought, wow. I'm actually just SITTING here, listening to music. Not multi-tasking. It was crazy. I don't think I've done that- just LISTEN- for years. Sure, i felt like I was fifteen.. but in a good way.

I've only seen about thirty minutes of "Across the Universe", but I liked it. I want to rent it when funds allow. Until then, yay for the soundtrack. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they remade Beatles' songs. Typically, I am cynical of anyone who tries to remake classics.

In the news-of-mal.... my job duties are going to be changing soon. Just way less phone and a lot more tasks. But that's good. There is a bit of a challenge in my fast approaching vacation time ( 11 days, 15 hours, 39 minutes from this moment!), but i hesitate to say more since it hasn't been made public at work. Not that many work people read this, but posting things on the world wide web just seems slightly risky. But there is a lot to do in the next 11 days.

On the flip side, only 11 days, 15 hours, and 39 minutes until my week of freedom in San Diego! I dream of kayaking. And reading by the pool. God bless Southern California weather, that I can do these things in November. I love you, climate.

0 thoughts: