February 15, 2010

doo be doo

Ah, a day off. Plenty of time to do the things I want. An excellent time to check off ye olde to-do list….. who am i kidding?

I celebrate President’s day by sleeping in, watching tv, spending copious amounts of time on the internet, and procrastinating. In fact, it’s kind of an expanded version of how I waste time any other day of the year. Washington and Lincoln would be proud, i’m sure.

My excuse is that this is my last day of some sort of freedom. You see, I start school tomorrow. That’s right, school. I’m super excited to FINALLY be getting this thing underway. At the same time, it feels so weird to be getting ready for school again. If only I could remember where I packed my purses and bags. Gonna need something a bit larger to hold books than my trusty turtle tote.

My new schedule is as follows: class in the morning in Torrance, work in Orange from 12-5. Except Fridays, where I only have work. Since the moving hasn’t happened quite yet due to financial delay, I have a two hour drive each morning to school (yay, traffic…). I’m still searching for a second part-time job to solve said financial delay, thus eliminating two-hour commute. If you were wondering whatever happened to background extra jobs: in a month, I haven’t qualified for a single job. Either I’m too young, too old, the wrong color, or lacking skills like a circus act or gun-handling… or once even the wrong kind of car. Perhaps in the future it will work, but for now, I’m seeking a more reliable source of income.

So here’s to spending the next few hours wisely. I’ll clean my room, grab some (decaf) coffee with a friend, pack my lunch, and head to bed early. Five am comes early (dear Lord, give me strength), and I’ve got a big week ahead.

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote, "George Washington would be proud." What a great line!!! Best of luck at school.