February 26, 2010

paint it black

i am a lazy bum.

i have the entire day off, and have done nothing but sleep, read, and spend quality time with the computer. It’s not as if I don’t have a plethora of options- including necessary tasks and festive past-times. I’m just downright lazy today.

In other news, everything else is truckin’ along. School is going well, work is going well, i’m still searching for a second job or other such solution to financial shortfalls. I spend hours each day in my car and look forward to the moment financial shortfalls are solved so i can move to a more central location. Otherwise, I am prepared to move anyway and spend 80% of my money on rent and scrape by on the rest!

Random tidbits:

I’m not completely opposed to “Fireflies” by Owl City. But the part where he talks about keeping a few in a jar makes me sad. After painting a picture of millions of flying lights, you can’t confine the magical creatures to a jar. That’s like keeping an orca in a tank (what, too soon?).

This weekend’s homework consists of shading a drawing of an apple and a pear.

This year’s birthday celebrating seems to revolve around food. Due to finances and crazy schedules, there will be no “birthday adventure”. This is actually kind a blessing in itself, as past birthday adventures, though exciting (kayaking in San Diego, “Wicked”, Disneyland), would be too much to try to manage at the moment. So, a series of birthday dinners with my favorite people will do nicely. However, if someone wants to give me an apartment in the South Bay area as a birthday present, I would humbly accept and love them forever.

I think I’m the only person in America who is uninterested in the Olympics.

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

You are definitly not the only one uninterested in the olympics! I am mildly interested, but Nate really couldn't care less.

becca said...

also uninterested. except for when johnny weir skated to pokerface. seriously. ONLY moment i am interested.