March 10, 2010

no boys allowed

Girl talk. Consider yourself warned.

Kimya Dawson writes monthly flowetry. Apparently, I just write period parodies. My excess time in the car combined with my irritating discomfort led to this gem:

(To the tune of “God Bless America”)

I hate my uterus
and o-va-ries
They defy me
You’ll find me
Crying out, deep in pain, on my knees
From the bleeding
to the cramping
to the bloating
no more, please!
I hate my uterus
and o-va-ries!

While humming this little ditty to myself on my drive to work, I witnessed some dude run a red light. So, to the same tune, I started singing,

Please don’t run red lights
It’s dan-ger-ous
Though you don’t care
You’ll die there
When you’re hit by an oncoming bus…..

At this point, I suspected I was out of control and stopped whilst I was still ahead. Perhaps this is not what our founding fathers had in mind for the patriotic anthem?

2 thoughts:

Jo said...

people here run red lights so often that we (and most others) count to 5 after our light turns green before we go. and its not like the 'holy crap that light was red!" type of running red lights its the 'light has been red for 30 seconds, but i'm going to act as if it will magically turn green for me as i drive through the intersection. oh they lights don't change just for me? my bad' type running of the red light.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! That was GREAT!!! I loved it!!