January 13, 2011

one day in a whole life

The challenge: Take one picture each hour all day to illustrate a day in your life.

This group project was inspired and organized by my friend, Becca, on her fabulous blog. She’ll be posting the results on February 1st, and it’s open to YOU, too. So check out my day, then be all excited to grab your camera and show me a piece of your life. :)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Wednesday, January 12th, 2011!

day in the life 001 9am: The first thing I see when I open my eyes is my star lamp, hanging right over my head. Based on this spectacular piece of photography and excitement, you know you’re in for a thrilling day.

day in the life 002

10am: Daily time in the Word. Right now i’m using this fantastic resource from Beth Moore- 90 days with Jesus. I cannot possibly be more enthusiastic about this book!

day in the life 00311am: Putting on make-up before heading out for the day!

day in the life 00512p: Quick stop at Jamba Juice! Thanks to Becca for providing a coupon that got me a coldbuster smoothie for $2! I drove the rest of the way to WorkChurch listening to fun music on a sunny, seventy-degree day, with a lovely view of the city below and snow-capped mountains in the distance- and the delightful taste of orange smoothie. :-D

day in the life 006 1p: My desk at WorkChurch. Today’s task included prepping for Sunday’s lesson and children’s sermon, organizing a mission project to collect canned goods, prepare postcards for students with birthdays or frequent absences, and create an attendance chart. Lots of administration for now!

day in the life 0072p: Because hours of desk can be boring, behold- i give you the view of a classroom!

day in the life 0093p: We also have a small play area, that I get to make sure is tidy each week. Thankfully, I have fantastic teachers and really great kids, so it’s a pretty minimal mess.

day in the life 011day in the life 0134[30]p: Ok, I know I’m cheating by putting two pictures, and I waited until 4:30 to take them… but whatever. This is my part of the project and I shall do it my way. ;) Sometimes I avoid the freeway and drive home along the coast. I stopped at one of my favorite dive sites to try to catch this pre-sunset happiness. We call it Whale Point, as this is where we saw actual, real-life whales this summer!! Sadly, we weren’t in the water at the time (i wonder if we could’ve heard their call?), but I’m optimistic for this coming season and so ready to be back in the water (once it is no longer 53-degrees, that is). I have hopes for sea lions or dolphins this year…. AND i read that they are protecting this particular site from fishing, which means increased wildlife, I hope.

day in the life 0145p: Mailed some postcards to church kids with coming birthdays!

day in the life 0156p: Took a break to watch Pushing Daisies with Tootsie.

day in the life 0167p: Back to work! Writing a spot (commercial) for the radio station.

day in the life 0178p: Oops…. distracted by Facebook… robot unicorn attack and chatting with my little sister, Claudia.

day in the life 0189p: Discipline prevails! Timing the written spot to make sure it is the right length to be aired.

day in the life 01910p: Hungry!! And it’s time to get groceries!! For the ultra-curious, I ended up making a scrumptious sandwich: veggie patty, fresh spinach, goat cheese, red-pepper hummus, toasted wheat bread. Oh, and a piece of Kelly’s amazing apple butter bread.

day in the life 02111p: Chilling with Kelly…. well, we were both on our computers. But it counts. We aren’t THAT anti-social..

day in the life 02212a: Working on the script for “Job”- a show Masquer (theater company) is doing this summer. The deeper I get into this scripture, the more there is to think about… include…. consider….. what a project! day in the life 023Sometime after 1a: I think I’m done for the day…….


3 thoughts:

Sherrie said...

Thanks for the glimpse into your life, Mal! You're such a sweetie!

Rebekah said...

Malinda!!! I LOVE IT!!! I think my favorite picture is the one of you putting on makeup. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the star lamp! I would love to wake up to that every day. I'm also so jealous of your coastal drive...