March 24, 2008

nine minutes and counting

I’m giving myself nine minutes to post a blog, before i get back to doing something productive and work-related. Not that i’m slacking today, but now that Lent is over, I am free to play games during phone time.... and i cannot let my love of Peggle interfere with my work performance.

Oh, who am I kidding. I talk on the phone and stuff envelopes for a living. That’s not performing, unless you ARE a trained monkey.

Ok, so i’m a bit bitter and cynical lately. *shrugs* It happens. The question is, do i use the bipolar excuse, or am I just being a jerk?

I meant to post the latest Clover Watch 2008 pic... but the photo of the pot in the trash can depressed me. That’s right, I killed ’em. I took them home over a weekend so they wouldn’t dry out... and they somehow dried out. I seriously have no clue how that happened, but it did. So all six of the remaining sprouts have bit the dust. And thus ends my most recent attempt at sustaining plant life.

So this weekend was Easter... church was disappointing, as i got corralled into the chaos that is our kid’s program. I was really looking forward to actually being in the church service, too. Next week I’m going to the Dream Center, a place where no one knows my name. Normally, i think this is a horrible way to approach church life. However, if less people treated it this way, maybe i wouldn’t have to occasionally escape to another church for guilt-free praise and worship?

Due to my time limit, i will refrain from stepping on these soapboxes:
1. Church life should truly be communal and alive.
2. We have lost reverance and the appreciation for the sacred.

I am currently seeking something sacred in my life.

0 thoughts: