March 29, 2008

Who am i?

Hope you weren't expecting some kind of existential entry. I just figured if this was going to be a somewhat public blog, new readers might want to catch up. ;)

I'm Malinda.


Creative, adventurous, lover of Jesus and people and beaches and stars and a whole bunch of other things. But you have a whole blog to learn about me, so i'll move on to more important details.

These are my parents.

They raised me in Ohio (with deep Kentucky roots!), and they still live back in the land of the corn. So does my sister, Claudia.
She's groovy, smart, funny- and a zillion other things. This girl has potential. So does Becca, my other sister. She lives in Seattle at the moment, doing her part to make the world a better place.

We all lived together, as families generally do, moving around Ohio as Dad pastored various small, farm-town churches. But the minute I graduated high school, i high-tailed it out of there- to stay with family in Kentucky.

Not quite the drastic change popular in the best stories, but it was a step in the right direction. After all, it was a town twice the size of what I was used to, with a new level of independence and the adventure of college life.


That college life taught me many lessons and introduced me to incredible people. However, it only took two years to outgrow that setting and look for a bigger school in a land of more opportunity....

God took me to Los Angeles!

I earned a Communications (with theatre emphasis!) degree from Azusa Pacific University, and moved in with my friend, Sophia.

Her family pretty much adopted me as their own, and i found a small, back-street church that also took me in.


The rest of the cast:



Jolie, the punk diva cat




Rosalie, Sophia's mom



















Crazy Cali grandma and grandpa






















Mamaw and me





My friend Leah Ohio Grandma and Grandpa Lara, Soph, and Cans for Causes



Lots of challenges, friends, drama, joy, and even job opportunities later- i ended up here. Now I'm working at a group of radio stations as receptionist/listener services/office assistant/copywriter/anything else that needs done. I teach kids at church and help lead drama ministry. I host a weekend show at http://www.jjradio.com/ and assistant-produce a regular radio segment on an L.A. station featuring inspiring stories (http://www.fromtheheartradio.com/). I write, I dream, I create, I sing, I laugh, I love. And this is just the beginning.

0 thoughts: