April 11, 2008

tire swing

I took the Polaroid down in my room
I'm pretty sure you have a new girlfriend
It's not as if I don't like you
It just makes me sad whenever I see it


Welcome to my musically inspired blog entry. I really did mean to do a project where I created my own soundtrack- fifteen songs that would play in the background if my life were a movie. I think everyone should try it and I am dying to see what anyone else would come up with. Could it be an art project in the making? But i haven't had the time to mess with it yet. So this entry is brought to you by "Tire Swing" by Kimya Dawson.


'cause I like to be gone most of the time
And you like to be home most of the time
If I stay in one place I lose my mind
I'm a pretty impossible lady to be with



So yesterday was crazy at work.... in the morning, a seemingly-normal lady came in but slowly became agitated, irrational, and, well, crazy. We had to call security and everything. Soon after that, a crazy guy came in with prophesy when a co-worker was covering my desk. Oh, how I love working in this business.


Joey never met a bike that he didn't wanna ride
And I never met a Toby that I didn't like
Scotty liked all of the books that I recommended
Even if he didn't I wouldn't be offended



The Office was new last night, for the first time since the writers' strike! In my world, that was cause for a holiday. I was happy and amused for a beautiful half hour. Thursdays are back to happiness again. Hehe, this also means that I will not be making plans on Thursdays until summer hiatus. (lame, i know. But i love me some Office!)

I had a dream that had to drive to Madison
To deliver a painting for some silly reason
I took a wrong turn and ended up in Michigan



So my car recently broke down and now has a brand new fuel pump. It seems to be running well, thankfully. I had to cancel a trip to Seattle to visit my sister in order to pay for it. I'm really bummed, but can't help but wonder if it's not for the best with the current airline industry mess. So I'm going to be living on tightwad mode for awhile, as I pay back the credit card bill and cope with rising gas prices. What's a girl gotta do to get a break?


Paul Baribeau took me to the giant tire swing
Gave me a push and he started singing
I sang along while I was swinging
The sound of our voices made us forget everything
That had ever hurt our feelings



One good thing about the car issue... I had some unexpected free time. I got my guitar out for a little bit and realized how much I missed it. I dream of a life I can structure around creating and writing and playing and singing and painting and directing and learning more about film and production and radio and such. Damn student loans. Hmm. Can i write a song with that title?

Joey never met a bike that he didn't wanna ride
And I never met a Toby that I didn't like
Scotty liked all of the books that I recommended
Even if he didn't I wouldn't be offended



I want a bike. I want to ride it when I can and decrease my car usage for local things. Then when i move closer to work (like my optimism?), I can strategically use public transportation. I should start looking in the pennysaver for a used bike... Anyone want to be a bike buddy?

Now I'm home for less than twenty-four hours
That's hardly time to take a shower
Hug my family and take your picture off the wall
Check my email write a song and make a few phone calls


Job update: I tried to get a second job as a concierge, but I ran into some issues when scheduling orientation. It seems working sixty hours a week is not as simple as it sounds. My schedule is hectic as it is, but having a second employer to contend with became even more difficult- and I was barely even officially hired yet! So on to the next thing..... How do I fit everything into only 24 hours a day?


Before it's time to leave again
I've got one hand on the steering wheel
One waving out the window
If I'm a spinster for the rest of my life
My arms will keep me warm on cold and lonely nights



I love that it's warming up consistently! And the flowers are blooming more.... yay spring. :) I know it seems weird since it's always warm and there are always flowers here, but it just seems to increase and be beautifully colorful before things dry out for the summer (of course, you know I love summer, too). My goal this year was to go to the beach at least twice a month, but that may be revamped due to gas prices. We'll see. But I miss the water- and it's crazy to live this close to the ocean and not be there more often.

Joey never met a bike that he didn't wanna ride
And I never met a Toby that I didn't like
Scotty liked all of the books that I recommended
Even if he didn't I wouldn't be offended



Some blogs have the option of displaying the book you're reading/music you're hearing/movie you're watching? I always thought that was nifty. I finished the book about being a Hollywood assistant and started a book about dreams by Tommy Barnett. This blog song is found on the Juno soundtrack. And i finally saw "I am Legend".

Now you're up-to-date and I've got to get back to work. I just missed you all. :)

0 thoughts: