April 21, 2008

rush through

i'm not feeling particularly eloquent or articulate. If i'm going to write anything, it should be a spot for work, but i think i might wait until morning. i'm a bit moody... not sure if it's induced by being tired, or reliving memories of high school by listening to Enya's "Shepherd Moon" cd, or because i've consumed entirely too much sugar today.... either way, curling up and sleeping is the best course of action.

Things I wanted to tell you..... last week was crazy mal's-inspired-to-cook week. I (ok, we....) made my mom's chicken enchiladas (nothing like authentic enchiladas but still mighty tasty), semi-vegan lasagna, veggie potato soup and cracker barrel corn muffins, and I rocked out on my pb&j muffins (star-shaped, and with carrot!). And now i have no desire to cook/bake/exist in the kitchen for a loooooong time. But i'm darn proud that everything came out well.

Saturday we had a work day to help Soph's grandparents with yard work. I took a bunch of pictures... i've been having a lot of fun with my camera lately. :) Sunday was just a kick back day, which was nice. The next couple of weekends are going to be spent working (yay overtime!), so any relaxing is appreciated.

This entry's not very exciting, huh? It's really just checking in and saying hi..... I'm still just plugging away... writing and working and doing church stuff like normal. It took almost fifty bucks to fill my gas tank on Friday, so i'm trying to cut down on any unnecessary trips.... and i'm DYING to go to the beach. I need the ocean........ And i dream of a well-paying job near the water... i could live in one place and be content to stay there. :) Maybe I can log off now and dream of that.....

0 thoughts: