July 30, 2008

you and me, tv free!

No tv, and i'm still alive! hehehe

Last night, i housesat and had dinner at a groovy little Thai place in Toluca Lake with Sophia. When we got home, her mom and cousin had the tv on. Though my heart broke at the thought of missing the latest installment of "America's Got Talent" (please note sarcasm), I spent my time reading instead. A little anti-social, but much more interesting than the strange whistling act i heard from the other room.

Today's revelation, as I tried to productively work toward solutions to my issues rather than wallow in them: In order to afford living expenses and bills (no luxuries), i must make $18 an hour. So i am seeking jobs that actually pay that much with my limited experience. Sadly, this means that everything i studied in school and all my recent/current career goals are useless. It seems creativity is only valued by the dollar when it is paired with years of experience. I still pray for that eleventh hour miracle (though it seems that hour passed months ago), and i still cling to waning hope that God DOES have a plan for me, and it is good. Meanwhile, if any of you know of an open position with that kind of pay, please let me know.

Soon, off to church. We're supposed to take our kids to Golfland tonight. I think i screwed up the scheduling though, so i'm waiting to hear exactly what we will do. I'm battin' a thousand this week, that's for sure.

0 thoughts: