August 20, 2008

now i lay me down to sleep

Sometimes i just want to close my eyes and stop. Just for a minute. To rest. Not that i don't rest ever, because I do. And as crazy as life is, I take moments to stop or nap or play or what have you... But there's always a deadline looming or the knowledge that time is limited before I have to get up again and keep going. I realize this is normal, this is adulthood, and I have nothing to complain about. But sometimes, I just want to have a day with nothing to do, no expectations, no responsibilities, no accountability.

The chalk contest is Saturday and I'm v. excited. We're drawing a sunset in a clamshell. We practiced last night... and have a LOT of work to do. The competition time has been shortened to only three hours to draw, so we need a very strategic game plan. We're doing a run-through on Friday night... but i'm actually a little nervous, because i'm less confident at the moment. I know the remedy for that is preparedness.....

This week's project is eating healthy. I won't bore you with the rundown, because it's nothing you haven't heard, and it's usually something on my mind anyway. So yay healthiness. I did invest $20 in an emergency kit for my car though. I figure when Soph and i are back in an apartment i'll put aside emergency supplies there. At least my car is ready to go. The kit has first aid stuff, jumper cables and tow rope, gloves, blanket, and poncho, a flashlight (and i added glowsticks so as not to depend on batteries) and a year's free roadside assistance. I might add a couple bottles of water, an index card of emergency numbers, and some cash. I feel a bit more prepared now.

0 thoughts: