August 16, 2008

saturday in flight

i really have no business being on the computer right now. There's a big reunion tomorrow for my adoptive family, and i should be helping or at least finishing my house-cleaning duties. But i was working on a project on the computer anyway, and i am weak!! So i blog.

God got my attention over my bad attitude on Wednesday. As we sat in McDonald's for a late post-church dinner, I complained to Sophia about various church-related injustices. I felt they were valid laments- Kids' Kingdom limitations because we can't spend a dime, small-group let-down, frustration over drama ministry (or lack there-of). As I paused to take a bite of my high-calorie comfort chicken mcnuggets, Daylene turned to me and said, "I'm so lucky."
"Why is that?" I innocently asked.
She shrugged and said, "I love my life."

Darn kids.

*******

Sometimes my co-workers and I walk to a nearby restaurant for lunch. We take a short-cut through the bottom level of our parking garage. One day as we were coming back, we saw a lady emerge from the dumpster. However, she didn't appear to be homeless, and had a friend in the car nearby. My oh-so-outgoing friend, Shelly, of course asked her what she was doing.As it turns out, she was bringing food and fresh water to stray cats. Since then, we've seen her a couple of times. Her name is Fran and she's a very sweet lady. And it's awesome that she puts time and money into taking care of neighborhood cats (and no notes about how she's contributing to the pet population. At least she's doing SOMEthing, and who knows, i wouldn't put it past her to care for sick ones or invest in getting them fixed. )

*****

Traffic was unbelievable light on Friday morning, and I got to work 45 minutes early. That means Jamba Juice! And thanks to my little punch card, i was treated to a free breakfast smoothie! Nothing beats a twenty-minute miracle commute and free Jamba Juice! As I walked back to my car, I saw a woman with blonde hair piled on top of her head and huge sunglasses.... it was Fran the cat lady! I am always surprised to run into familiar faces in the city- it's not like it's a Wal*Mart in small-farm-town. When i expressed my surprise, Fran just said, "There are no coincidences". I hope i run into her again.

*****

We finally have our chalk idea! Sketches coming soon...... Also in random notes... i found out my blood type after donating last month. I am A+! I have no clue why but i've always wondered about my blood type...


Alright, if I don't get my booty off this computer, I'm going to be in for it! Besides, there's a toilet that needs scrubbed and a carpet that needs vacuuming....

0 thoughts: