March 11, 2009

the letter

The letter finally came last night. Sophia texted to announce it's arrival, and I had her open it and read it over the phone.

The Director's Guild regrets to inform me that I will not be proceeding further in the selection process for the Assistant Director's Training Program. They say thanks for applying, and suggest I try again next year.

I knew it was a long shot, but I foolishly had hope. Especially since, as a grown-up, I can't take internships. And no one wants to hire me for entry positions when plenty of film school students and current interns are on hand.

My head reminds me that God still has a plan, and for some reason, He's still keeping me at the station. He sees the big picture, after all. And the possibilities are still endless.

But my pesky heart won't stop being sad. And, for the moment, feels imprisoned in piles of paperwork and dying dreams.

1 thoughts: