March 20, 2009

reprieve

Upside of mandatory vacation? I'm not at work today. So thank you, Salem, for allowing me to ditch your stress in favor of sleeping in and March Madness.

Everyone seems surprised that I'm interested in the games and actually sitting here watching basketball while I type. My theory is that, thanks to the brackets, I actually have something invested in who wins or loses. So far I've only missed three... but it's still early. The prize? The losers buy dinner for the winner. Yay for economic solutions.

So what shall I do for the rest of my long weekend? I contemplated the beach, but the idea was killed due to weekday traffic and the amount of things I need to do... the next 72 hours will be filled with:
cleaning the cat box
"One Voice"
rehearsal
eye dr. appointment
vacuuming my car
lunch with Sophia
working on kids Easter performance
exercise of some sort- the weather is beautiful
going to Target for miscellaneous needs
buying dance shoes and tights
church
reading
cleaning the bathroom
likely dinner with Sophia's family

In other news, I miss chocolate more than certain family members (you can guess which ones, haha). With the exception of a couple birthday treats that I imagine the Lord would forgive, I've stuck with no-sweets-for-Lent. This means that I have not had ice cream, cookies, cake, chocolate, granola bars, pop tarts, muffins, soda, milkshakes, or candy since February 26th. This also means that I have 22 days 11 hours and 53 minutes until my Easter celebration. ;) I bought a box of thin mint girl scout cookies from a co-worker that I will be freezing for the event. Although, I am going to attempt to be super-minimal on my sugar intake after Easter. I am working on being in better shape, and I don't need additional set-backs.

0 thoughts: