March 10, 2009

i hate when time sails by and i miss things

Bah. My blog is going to pot. If anything, I require more time in my day so that I can keep everything updated!!! My condolences to my semi-neglected pen-and-paper journal as well....

The birthday fun was pretty cool. Did the Disneyland thing, and it was a good time to go. Perfect weather, but not too crowded. We did pretty much everythign we wanted to do. I don't really have pictures though, unfortunately. Sophia and family aren't fond of being photographed, and didn't want to engage in silly poses. Pity. It was interesting to see just how many people have the same birthday! They give you a "Happy Birthday" pin, and a ton of people had 'em. And I think I got a record number of birthday well-wishing from strangers! It was a fun time, and I have a 2fer ticket in case anyone wants to go to California Adventure before the end of the month....

Sadly, I didn't get to go paddling on Saturday... however, I was introduced to the Veggie Grill, a little vegetarian place. It is awesome. And I seek more of that goodness. So far, there are only two in the area, and both are agonizingly far from convenience. But if you have any tips on other locations, PLEASE do share. The sweet potato fries and not-really-chicken wings call to me.

Do you remember Sophia's grandpa and his battle with cancer? Get THIS: the cancer is gone. Gone! Can you believe that? God truly does work miracles! So thanks for your prayers. They have been heard!

Mark your calendars for April 10th-19th. One of those days on one of those weekends, you will hopefully be attending "One Voice", a production of Masquer Ministries. I shall provide more details soonly.

Final thought: I'm starting to suspect Obama is full of crap. I've tried to be optimistic, but he's not turning out to be any better than our past politicians. My favorite line of the week is how approving embryonic stem cell research finally allows science to prevail over politics. So then I assume we'll quit distorting the truth about global warming for political gain?

Who are we are kidding?

0 thoughts: