December 22, 2008

i see the Christmas light at the end of the tunnel

The Kids Kingdom Savior's Workshop is done! Though low in attendance and high in cold rain, it was pretty successful (despite the repeated kitchen power failure). The kids played games, created ornaments as gifts for loved ones and nursing home residents, and learned about the meaning of Christmas from the youth group. Success.

Beverly's first birthday was celebrated! And while play rehearsal and preparation kept me from contributing to the party much, I was still able to help with games for the kids. Beverly quietly enjoyed her snowman cupcake in the middle of her winter one-derland theme, and even offered some to Soph and I. ;)

The Christmas program is complete! By the grace of God and the skin of teeth, it was something of a success. Yes, there were glitches- but no disasters. So win-win-win. And the best part? Everyone had fun, the congregation seemed happy, and it's OVER. Done. No more dragging actors to rehearsals, no more last-minute changes, no more big project looming overhead admist other large holiday projects.

Holiday baking is * almost * done! I finished cookies, brownies, and buckeyes late last night/early this morning. I tasted some today.... kind of sad to have given them to co-workers... hehe... They weren't the best, but they were made with love!! Too bad love doesn't seem to be as tasty as they could've been. Oh- and I say "almost" done because Soph's family is making tamales tonight, and I'm supposed to help.

Candlelight service tomorrow night, Christmas Eve with Sophia's family Wednesday, and then I think I will spend Thursday- my only day off besides New Year's Day- sleeping in and doing very little!

Dear Santa, please fill my stocking with time and sleep. That would be amazing.

0 thoughts: