December 26, 2008

present and accounted for

Unlike 90% of friends, family, acquaintances, and even co-workers, I do not have the day off. This is not tragic, since it's a low-key day, but it falls more in the category of annoyances. The annoyance factor is raised due to the fact that I appear to be getting sick.

While doctors, scientists, and educated people will argue that cold weather does not induce sickness (rather, germs are the culprit), I do present the evidence that I become ill EVERYTIME the thermometer reads anything under 50-degrees. The sick process is accelerated if there is rain/snow/sleet/hail/precipitation of any kind. And if the doctors/scientists/educated folks could explain why even non-drowsy medication knocks me out, that'd be cool, too.

So Christmas was good. Christmas Eve meant the usual celebrating at Sophia's aunts house with tamales for dinner and starting gift-opening at 10p. Again, I have been very very blessed in the present area. :) And since we got home after 1a, yesterday was spent sleeping, watching "Across the Universe" (thanks, Danielle!), and playing Guitar Hero.

Though I do not miss the annual family drama, it was still sort of sad to see pics of my family after they opened gifts, and only talk to extended family members and hearing the craziness in the background. If i could arrange a two-day/one-night trip, I think that would be fantastic- despite the fact i'd spend more time traveling than actually being there.

I've run out of blogging steam, though I'm not sure I've run out of things to say.

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Hello