June 09, 2008

i heart sleep

This weekend's major accomplishment? Sleep, and lots of it. I slept in on Saturday morning, a little bit on Sunday, and took naps both days. And by naps, i mean multi-hour affairs of bliss.

This was my first weekend without JJ Radio... and though I was a bit sad, it was kind of nice to go out on Friday instead of work in the studio then rush home for whatever is left of family dinner. My friend, Dave, and I checked out the new shopping center nearby called The Americana. It was kind of nifty.... an upscale mall with fun atmosphere- a grassy area with a big ol' fountain in the middle, and old-time-looking architecture. And good places to eat, like Pinkberry (which is what we had :-D). You might remember this was the place I interviewed with back in April.... and I still think it's a hotbed of excess (I mean, do you REALLY need a trolley for an area that's smaller than half a city block??). But it was fun to hang out with Dave and check out some of the stores... including a three-story Barnes and Noble! :)

I also got a haircut Saturday... not really that eventful- it pretty much looks like it did in March, but that's what I was going for. Soph and I checked out a local restaurant (seems to be the weekend to do that, eh, Becca?), and LOVED IT. It's called Canyon City Barbecue, and it's tucked away in a residential area close to where we live. It features down-home southern barbecue- in food and atmosphere! I had chicken, mashed potatoes, and cornbread, and went home oh-so-happy. Plus it's kind of fun to find a a new place no one knows about. But if you're a Southern Californian, i'm telling you about it. Ask me for directions- it's worth your time!

Other notable highlights include watching High School Musical (i didn't really want to, but we're doing Daylene's birthday party and that's her desired theme), watching the Laker game (they lost. But could've won. eh), and disappointing my father by quitting jj radio (yet didn't bat an eye when i mentioned i quit because i was overwhelmed and stressed. Yes, Dad, i'm doing fine. Thanks for asking).

Wow. I"m the parenthetical queen.

0 thoughts: