September 02, 2008

collection

I took the outgoing mail downstairs to the mailbox, a usual task in my day. Today, there was a small white post-it note on the big blue box. I wanted to take a picture but I did not have a camera handy. It said something along the lines of, "I dropped an envelope mailed to Wendy Ramos in the box, but neglected to put a stamp on it. Could you please be so kind as to add the stamp when you open the box? Thanks!" Attached was the required postage.

When I turned back to the elevators to go back to our floor, I noticed Larry the UPS delivery guy outside. He usually has a break at mail-time, and has a packed lunch at one of the small tables outsitde our building. Often, he has a book in hand and his UPS scanner lying on the table in front of him. Today, I stopped to ask what he was reading. "The Egyptologist", i believe was the name of the book. He said it was about a guy who conned a whole bunch of people out of a large sum of money to go raid the tomb of some unknown Egyptian pharoah.

On my way back to the elevators (again), I passed the girl who does security in the mornings at the front desk of our building. Only now she wasn't wearing her standard collared shirt and name tag. Her shift was over, so now she had on a black t-shirt with a skull on it and a plaid bookbag. She looked happier.

i put up some more pictures. Some of Jolie and my old-school nintendo i hooked up again this weekend. Some are pictures I took near the library (i revived my library card again this weekend! woohoo!). I was going to post them in here, but i'm kind of pressed for time. Sorry. But you should go look anyway. Some of them i'm proud of because they're pretty, haha.

0 thoughts: