September 08, 2008

you decide

Was my weekend fruitful? You decide:

The plans were to take a couple 13-year-old boy cousins to play laser tag on Saturday, then tag along with Sophia and her work friends to celebrate a birthday at the beach on Sunday. In between, I would finalize my Assistant Director's Trainee application.

None of those things happened.

However, this is what I DID accomplish:

-I finished my book on screenwriting and read through Ephesians.

-Spent quality time with the old school nintendo- specifically Super Mario Bros. (the first one). In my lifetime, I have never actually beat the game. This is appalling and I set out to remedy this immediately. Thanks to ill-timed Starbucks, I was up until two this morning. I got to the part in level 8-4 where you go down the pipe and go through the water. I'm not sure how close I am to the end. Perhaps tonight, when I return to battle Bowser again, we shall see. I hope to report back with good news of a rescued princess. Wow, I sound like a twelve-year-old boy.

- took my car through a car wash. Those of you who see me regularly know how pathetically amazing this is. Those of you who don't: imagine a car that needs a chisel to remove the dirt. Apparently, parking next to a sprinkler does not equal "free car wash".

- significant Target/Trader Joe's shopping. Spent a lot of money, but it was for a carefully planned list of necessities, and it was budgeted (two points i remind myself when the checkbook-balancing-guilt approaches)

- rented Penelope, Anchorman, and A Beautiful Mind. Didn't actually watch any of them yet. Instead, finally saw Knocked Up, and discovered that it is exactly what everyone says- sweetly funny, yet so very vulgar. Incredible how the two can coexist.

- skipped church, but slept a lot

- discovered the boy I used to like before distance cruelly reminded us about reality is now engaged. Pondered why I was so sad. Came to the conclusion that it was because I really did like him and had let myself imagine him living here and it working out (however unlikely) combined with the fact that I'm still so very alone (and current object of fancy just doesn't feel the same way). My sister pointed out how similar we are to Bridget Jones. Sigh. She's right. Pathetic.

-Recieved free samples of cat food, tampons, and two chicken soft tacos from Del Taco, as well as the book I ordered using my latest Blingo Amazon.com gift card. Yay for savings!! Forgot to secure the CVS flier from Cali Grandma's Sunday paper to start exploring the extra care savings. :( I wonder if you can get the flier in-store? Maybe I can convince Sophia to walk there tonight by bribing her with Jamba Juice?

- hung out with baby Beverly for a bit. Sophia's mom watched her while the rest of the family went to the beach.

So..... productive weekend? Lazy weekend? I'm not sure either.

Meanwhile, this week's project is to write a letter to a soldier. Tell them a little about yourself, then thank them for their sacrifice and service for our freedom. Check out www.anysoldier.com for more details (it seems a bit confusing at first, but read the FAQ's and it becomes clear). Let me know if you send a letter, too! :)

0 thoughts: