September 01, 2008

sing like Madonna.... holidaaay!

Yay for long weekends!
Double-yay for long weekends with nothing going on!

We spent Saturday doing deep cleaning, and yesterday was supposed to be more of the same. Though I did something weird to screw up my back, and even yawning, sneezing, or the occasional deep breath was excruciating (still sort of is but i'm bored of sitting still). So onward I go! I have a to-do list that's long, but in a good way. It consists of things I've been meaning to accomplish (like bathing Jolie- check- and catching up on reading) and fun things (playing guitar, hooking up my old school nintendo). And it's beautiful out, so maybe i'll go for a walk or something. We're supposed to have a barbecue at Sophia's grandma's, but i've yet to hear those details.

Saturday when we were cleaning, I came across a rock on the shelf. Soph's mom, Rosalie, collects Betty Boop, and I'm staying in the room designated for her collection. But i could not figure out the purpose of this random rock about the size of a fist....Apparently, Rosalie's mother-in-law visited Ground Zero a few years back. She picked up the rock and gave it to Rosalie.... So all this time, I've been staying in a room with a piece of Ground Zero. Crazy, huh?

I half-heartedly looked at last week's "Every Monday Matters" so i'm just going to pick it up again today. We are waging a war on junk mail! It's a waste to print, and a waste when it's not recycled. So when you get it, recycle it! But better yet, try not to get it. Opt-out of mailings every chance you get. Go paperless when you have the option. Call the phone number on the junk mail you DO get to ask them to remove your name and address from their list.
I tried to look online for a simple way to opt out of stuff, but one site made you pay $3 a month (no thanks) and another seemed complicated. So i guess i'll try the one-item-at-a-time option and make sure to note "please don't sell/rent my name" whenever I sign up for anything. I'll start with the Oriental Trading catalog that always shows up!

0 thoughts: