April 21, 2009

how can i be tired already?

 

The days seem to end without my permission. Hours slip through my fingertips, tasks lists unfinished. Mornings come too quickly, and ambitions to rise early are met with the rush of sleeping later than desired. Beginning the day with failure is not the best way to set the mood.

I imagine I’ll reread this tomorrow and roll my eyes at the melodrama. For now, i’ll type what I can before my eyes can’t stay open any longer.

“One Voice” is over….. and, as is the case with most shows, it is bittersweet. It’s good to move forward, to rest, and to catch up on all things neglected during production weeks. There are future shows to happily anticipate. This is only touched with some sadness of the good-bye to project, and more importantly, the precious time with precious people. But God did His work, and there is more work to do.

My back is healing (yay!), though slower than I would like (boo!). As long as I don’t sit too long, I’m ok. Unfortunately, sleeping is uncomfortable. This seems a tad bit unfair…..

I’m finally participating in Relay for Life on Saturday! I’ve wanted to do it for years, and it’s never worked out. There are so many dear people in my life who have battled cancer- for better or for worse. I’ve always  felt helpless, and feel like it’s a chance to do something productive, no matter how small a thing that is. That being said, in order for the efforts to be fruitful, I need sponsors! Check out my fundraising page if you’d like to be supportive: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/malindaspage (thank you in advance!).

I want to high five Miss California, and pray she stays strong. Pageant contestants dream of changing the world, and I think she’s taken a great step to do just that. Stick with your guns, girl. Don’t let cultural pressure cause you to compromise what you know is true. And really, if Perez Hilton is your biggest detractor… My pinky toe has more class. ;)

Is it lame that I really like the “Brand New Day” song from the Target commercials and sort of want to download it? I’m such a sell-out to carefully schemed marketing.

Other news… Jolie is SO close to being taken to a shelter. Just when I’m about to grab her carrier to load her up, she gets a reprieve. We are going to steam clean my carpet, and if she can behave, she gets to stay. Please pray for miracles.

Thanks to an awesome, generous co-worker, I have a thirty-day membership to Total Woman Gym. I’m excited and plan on using the heck out this free thirty days. The goal is that it jump starts my campaign to being in waaaaay better shape for the next Masquer show. Current obstacle: my enthusiastic reunion with sweets. I think they’re going to have to go, but I lack the spiritual resolve that got me through Lent. Help?

1 thoughts:

becca said...

sorry you are so tired :(

ugh, miss california. she says "no offense." that's the killer. um, well, sorry miss cali, you're standing up for the belief that people shouldn't have equal rights. that. is. offensive. sorry to sound cynical, but if she's working hard to change the world by parading around in a swimsuit and supporting bigotry, i'm completely unimpressed.