April 25, 2009

woke up new

This may lack substance and be a stream of consciousness entry, but I feel like writing…. whether I have a subject or not.

It’s Saturday morning, not too early, and not too late. We are doing Relay for Life this evening, and today will be filled with random productivity. The weather is in the low 60’s… that happy medium where most people are comfy even if some of us are chilly. And after a full day of sleeping and old sitcom reruns (how did I forget how amusing “Just Shoot Me” was? Or was it only amusing because I was drugged and half awake?), I have emerged from the blasted feverish achiness that came with this cold. The runny/stuffy nose I can deal with (which begs the question how it can be runny AND stuffy at the same time), but I am quite happy to say farewell to the other symptoms.

I am contemplating Twitter. Right now it has more “cons” than “pros”. Namely, it’s one more thing that needs upkeep and isn’t really necessary. However, I can update my facebook status at the same time, so that gives it one point in its favor. We’ll see. I still don’t feel strongly enough about it to take action.

If anyone knows how to fix the sensitivity on my laptop touchpad, can you share your wisdom? Currently, it just randomly decides what it wants to click, and it’s a pain in the butt. I think I might invest in a laptop mouse…. we’ll see.

Really, I can’t be investing in anything right now. Darn economy and tight finances. Some friends from work want me to join a gym with them, and while it would be fun and very beneficial, it’s just not in the cards. I remind myself that gym memberships are luxuries! Though a very awesome co-worker blessed Danielle and me with a 30-day pass to the Total Woman Gym a couple blocks from work. We registered, then I got sick again. Lame, huh? We start for real on Monday, after wasting the past few days.

Yeah, this is pointless. I’m going to post anyway. Then I’m going to start some laundry, clean the bathroom, and clean my room of the random “to-do” piles that have accumulated. But maybe I’ll read first…..

0 thoughts: