April 13, 2009

nodding off

Quick blurb while I'm covering the front desk for the receptionist's lunch break....

I think "The Office" is jumping the shark. And this makes me sad. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out, but I may be in the market for a new favorite show.

The play is going fantastically well. We had a great run this weekend, and I'm really looking forward to the three shows this coming weekend. This also means that you can still come see it! It's free, it's in Anaheim, and i am happy to provide more details if you want to come. I posted pics on my facebook, and fully intend to put them here as well. However, I am short on time these days, so please forgive me! You can check out http://jchphotography.wordpress.com/2009/04/10/masquer-ministries-presents-one-voice-a-drama-for-easter/ for a great slideshow and stills from the show by an excellent photographer.

My back is happily healing. However, the doctor had me on crutches for a couple days. This felt quite a bit ridiculous and over the top (but apparently helped it heal instead of become worse). I was happy to return the crutches just in time for opening night, and every day it improves. I'm still uncomfortable if I sit for too long (as in Easter church service + car + lunch at a Mexican restaurant + more car), but I'm optimistic and able to go about daily activities.

It's also good to be less distracted by back pain, because work is still busy. I'm starting to achieve the balance of human resources and copywriting. I'm also learning how to schedule meetings with congress people, thanks to my current boss-mandated project. Though initially intimidating, it is simply another instance of assistants communicating to get the job done. Yay corporate America.

0 thoughts: