January 27, 2009

bandwagon betty

Yeah, it's 25 random things. I wasn't going to do it for a couple reasons (time, trendiness, the fact that i talk about myself in my blog quite often (malthestar.blogspot.com!), the usual). But I'm actually enjoying reading everyone else's, and i have some time to kill at the moment..... so here you go. I'd gift wrap it if I could.

25 things you probably knew about me already.....

1. When my sister, Becca, and I were little, we would use our happy meal boxes and toys to play McDonald's drive through. This involved one of us sitting inside a low cabinet while the other came to order. Years later, I would work at McDonald's.....

2. I like pickles and peanut butter. I also like pickles with swiss cheese, and pickles with vanilla ice cream. However, I do not like relish.

3. I miss my car cd player.

4. The other night I had a vivid dream I was visiting my old Kentucky college, and i had plans to re-enroll there. First I cried because I didn't realize how much I missed the school and the people there. Then I cried harder because I really missed California. I decided I would only do Kentucky for a semester then return to L.A. I woke up shaking.

5. I have always like my first name and never wanted to change it, even as a child.

6. Long ago, I vowed to never marry a pastor, but if I did, to never put kids through life in the ministry.

7. This is harder than it looks.

8. I just finished a book about child soldiers in Africa that broke my heart.

9. Currently, I am trying to reconcile my ridiculous schedule with the desire to not miss life's goodness.

10. I refuse to give up on my new year's goals. I almost beat Mario last Saturday.... again. One day, Koopa... one day....

11. I dream of writing professionally, but I'm sort of scared I don't have anything of worth to say, so I haven't started the screenplay, devotional, novel, or song.

12. Sometimes God has to remind me that He's really using me at Kids Kingdom, and the kids aren't really wasting their time in my class. But remind me He does.

13. I've developed a crazy high tolerance to tylenol and ibuprofen.

14. Sometimes I'm sad when I seem happy, and other times, I'm happy when I seem sad. Isn't that fun for you? ;)

15. Bubbles are always a good idea.

16. I wish I knew when my last Mamaw-cooked meal was, or the last night I stayed over at my Grandma's house. The "no-going-backness" and lack of permanence of my past makes me sad.

17. This list is more melancholy than intended and does not accurately represent that I'm typically pretty happy. :-D

18. The fact that I pick a word and overuse it until I've wrung it dry does not appeal to me. Yet lately, everything seems to be amazing, random, or fantastic. Perhaps a thesaurus is in order.

19. I'm truly attempting growing small plants in window sill flower pots, with a long term goal of a garden.

20. I'm having leftover Japanese food for lunch.

21. I find it grossly unfair that those of us of the female persuasion must smile through cramps and pms as if nothing were wrong, and go about our work and daily life. When do men get to struggle like that? Not that I wish agony upon men, but if they get off easy, shouldn't we? Otherwise, I recommend mandatory PMS days given to every woman in the workplace. Paid.

22. I would also settle for a standard four-day work week, three-day weekend. Americans are smart. Let's find a way to keep our work ethic and still live balanced lives.

23. I like kids. I like babies. Small people tend to make more sense than their older, taller counterparts.

24. My lunch break is about to start so I need to wrap this up.

25. I love you. Seriously. If you are reading this, you matter to me. Please don't forget that. I will offer you reassurance anytime you need it, though.

0 thoughts: