January 20, 2009

New Feature!

Yay! I added a playlist to my blog for your listening enjoyment... I shall try to keep it updated. I don't think it automatically plays, but at least you can select your songs? Let me know what you think!

Meanwhile, I only received three challenges. Two will be attempted soonly, and the other takes a bit of planning. Challenges are still being accepted! You can look forward to reports on the following:

1. Live the life of a hobo for a day- little sis, Claudia, in Ohio
2. Carry out 5 random acts of kindness (adapted from a random comment)- new guy I didn't know read my blog (but yay! Thanks for reading!)
3. Get up 30 minutes earlier to leave the house earlier on a work day- former roommate and current friend, Spiff, in Kentucky

Obama's being inaugurated right now. It's not that I don't care... I do think it's wonderful that we have a president who is not a wrinkly, old, white guy. I just get a little weirded out by some of the hype. I totally understand why people are so excited- it's a major historic acheivement. But really? T-shirts and plates with Obama's face? Are you really going to eat dinner, finish your peas, and gaze down admiringly upon our leader?

I need to get back to work... there's a lot to do today! And my first piano lesson was postponed again (for legitimate reasons), so I'll have more time to prepare my Kids Kingdom lesson and work on learning the alto part for the musical. The show is called "One Voice", and is the Easter story from the point of view of some Jewish leaders. It's pretty well-written. I am happily in the ensemble, which is a good place to be when you're getting to know a new company. So far, I love the people! Everyone's been incredibly friendly and welcoming. It is a happy way to spend a Sunday.

0 thoughts: