January 15, 2009

my battle with the 210 freeway

Monday- take car to shop for expected repairs from last month. Expect to be at work by 9:30. Encounter heavy traffic after delay at auto shop, arrive at work later than planned. 210-1, Mal-0

Tuesday- leave house a mere five minutes late, encounter extraordinarily heavy traffic, yet no accidents to explain the delay. Arrive at work late. 210-2, Mal-0.

Wednesday morning- Big rig carrying asphalt oil overturns near my house. In attempt to avoid the long line of freeway-bound cars on my street, I leave a bit earlier and take a back way through residential areas to catch the freeway a mile down the road. It takes 40 min to travel this mile, only to encounter heavy traffic once I actually reach the freeway. Massively late for work. 210-3, Mal-0

Wednesday evening- Wisely grab McDonald's after work before heading to church, am decieved by freely flowing traffic for the first ten miles, before coming to a standstill. Attempt to outsmart freeway by taking side streets. Find the rest of the county is doing the same thing. Arrive at church (late) after a ridiculous two-and-a-half hours in my car, complete with contemplating peeing in my McDonald's cup out of desperation. 210-4, Mal-0

Thursday- Leave house even earlier. Do not eat breakfast or apply make-up while driving, just focus on arriving on-time. Somehow manage to rear-end car in front of me (albeit at the crawling lack-of-speed we were traveling). 210-5, Mal-0

There's still tomorrow, 210 freeway. I'll be back (because you know I have no choice....)

0 thoughts: