January 30, 2009

kind of hoping its over

What a week.

I don't even know where to begin and am afraid I'm forgetting something.... Shall we go day by day? Oh, and guys, there are girly elements (gross ones, sorry), so you are excused from reading. If you keep going, know that it's at your own risk....



Monday: Normal, yet hectic, start of the work week. Quarterly staff luncheon meeting goes as usual. Aunt Flow shows up, and is greeted both with joy (it's been awhile) and doom (it's gonna suck).

Tuesday: Practically crawl to work thanks to the joy of womanhood. One moment it seems my fallopian tubes are being tied in knots around my uterus, then it's as if it's all being twisted and wrung out. I vow to see the doctor as soon as the madness ends, because this is ridiculous. Though I was tempted to call in sick, I try to fight it out and spend the morning curled up in my office doing data entry. I end up being glad I made it, as a last-minute mandatory staff meeting is called. We knew the news was bad, as we just had a staff meeting. And we were right. We are all getting 5% pay cuts. After recognizing that keeping most of my paycheck is leaps and bounds better than unemployment, I go home to find that my expected package from Dell Computers is not there. My disappoinment was met with Midol and sleep.

Oh, and crazy thing. While I was driving home thinking about the income decrease and other challenges, the song "In My Arms" by Plumb emerged in my head. I had heard it that morning on the radio, and thought that turning the radio on at that moment might be a good idea to take my mind of things. Wouldn't you know, the minute I hit the button, I heard it pick up right where the song in my head left off...
"Knowing clouds will rage
And storms will race in
But you will be safe in my arms
Rains will pour down
Waves will crash all around
But you will be safe in my arms

Castles they might crumble
Dreams may not come true
But you are never all alone
Because I will always Always love you."

Coincidence? I thinketh not.

Wednesday: Give into the "joy of womanhood" and stay in bed. For most of the day. Truly vow to call doctor the minute Aunt Flow departs. Still no Dell package, which means no computer. That's right. My awesome, brand new computer does not work. At all. Dell has had me wiping all my files out and re-installing operating systems, and nothing's working. I'm trying to press on and not cry. Thank God for warranties.

Thursday: I jump in my car to return to work. I turn the key... and nothing. I look to the sky and say "Really? Now? This week?" Thankfully, I take Sophia's car. I decide to conserve her gas and walk to get lunch. I waited at the corner of the intersection, watching the traffic lights. When the little man appeared that signaled my turn to walk through the crosswalk, something made me hesitate. Right then, a van blew through the red light. It took a minute for the shock to wear off.... Thank God for holding me back. The feeling of extreme vulnerability at near injury combined with the invincible feeling of divine intervention and equaled each other out to normalcy. Later that evening, we jump started my car. Randomly, the cd player works again. I don't understand it, but i'll take it!
Also, I spent hours on the phone with Dell working on my computer. I can use it for the moment, but it's already starting the cycle that ends with it crashing again.

Friday: I happily drive to work learning music for "One Voice". Then my check engine light goes on. I can only conclude that God is teaching my relience on Him in crazy circumstances. I cancel plans to spend Saturday morning volunteering with the Dream Center so I can wake up early and take my car to be checked out (again). I have a feeling a certain mechanic can fund his children's education based on one 2002 Cavalier....

And now I sit at work, typing. For a really long complicated reason, I can't go home until late tonight. I don't feel like being social (and now, with a paycut, neither can I afford to be), so i'm not sure how I will be spending my Friday. But blogging in my office is not the answer.

1 thoughts:

Chi Kim said...

Wow, what a crazy week! I'm glad that you're still alive though. :)