January 08, 2009

green machine

The more I drink Naked Green Machine, the tastier it is. How is that possible? The first time I had it, I sipped it. I liked it enough, it was just a bit green tasting to be gulping. But now? Totally downing it. I love it. I want more. Pity Naked Juice costs so much..... (and no, Becca, I don't trust dumpster diving for it in So Cal sunshine. I don't like botulism for breakfast).

So i'm really trying to be proactive on my 2009 goals. I figure if I lose momentum I'll not complete them. So far, I've made tentative plans for my first piano lesson, been reading a couple devotionals daily, and will resume weekly tennis as of tonight. There's been a few other points toward progress, but i won't bore you with the details. The point is that it's moving in the right direction.

So, typically I'm pretty easy going. For instance, when my car breaks down, I might worry and become frustrated with the hassle, but I deal with it and move on. Circumstances rarely make me angry (people on the other hand... hehe... just kidding. mostly). Then there was this morning.....

I was happily listening to Christina Aguilera's "Stripped" cd- haha, and turning the volume low when I rolled down the window, lest the parking attendent overhear my occasional guilty pleasure. Suddenly, in the middle of the Alicia Keys-inspired "Impossible", it stops. The car fills with silence.

I do not panic, instead i take out the cd and try every possible way to produce music... new cd, turning the car off and then back on, turning the radio on and off... The result? I can get the cd player to say "Err" and spit out my cd. And I felt anger. There's NO WAY I can or will get this repaired. It is a luxury item and the budget is too tight. While I'm usually fine living simply, my car cd player is one of the few "luxury items" that I rely on- my lifeline during my daily hours in the car. So I admit, while I'm fine and calm.. I'm still kind of mad.

But the bonus? I have not cursed once today, despite that. Yay silver lining, as tarnished as it may be.

Which reminds me of something our pastor said on Sunday that I liked: "Temptation is the opportunity to do the right thing."

Meanwhile, I finished my Green Machine. I will happily recycle my bottle, knowing I just consumed 2 3/4 apples, half a banana, one-third of a kiwi fruit, one third of a mango, a hint of pineapple, and a bit of spirulina, chlorella, broccoli, spinach, blue green algae, garlic, barley grass, wheat grass, ginger, and parsley.

And I savored every drop.

0 thoughts: