May 09, 2009

another item in the museum of rarities

It’s Saturday, early afternoon. I am the only one home. The television is not on. I’ve finished my portion of the cleaning (vacuuming and dusting). I have a load in the washer, one in the dryer, and two more in the hamper waiting their turn to soak and spin. Meanwhile, my Jolie-desecrated carpet patiently waits its turn (and Sophia’s return home for assistance) to be cleaned with a borrowed steam cleaner.

I did have plans for today, but discovered a $100 error in my checkbook. The good news is that I am aware of it before I overdrew my account. The bad news is that I will be living until next Friday’s paycheck on level orange, conserving gas and every last penny by trying not to spend.

And for the record, I totally made up the level orange thing. But at this rate, such an emergency system might be wise, haha.

Breaking news: the family has returned. I am no longer alone and peaceful. In mere seconds, the television will be on at high volume.

It also seems my computer is not cooperating. Maybe i’ll write more tomorrow. Bah. i refuse to let a quality Saturday go to waste.

0 thoughts: