May 18, 2009

r-u-n-n-o-f-t

 

No one else seems to remember that line from “Oh Brother Where Art Thou”…. but it still makes me laugh.

Jolie has returned! Praise God! She showed up late last night, whining and really skittish. We think someone had her, but let her go when they saw our signs around the neighborhood. Of course, we gave her a warm welcome with lots of attention and treats. I put her old purple collar on her, figuring a collar at least is a signal that she has a home, even if she no longer has her i.d. tag (lost with her most recent collar). Within thirty minutes she was settled in, climbing the screen door, and irritating Sophia’s stepdad. And wouldn’t you know, she’s off again today. I can only sigh and know that if she survived two days away, she’ll be ok. Even if it was abruptly out of character…. Because it’s the best I can do.

Besides waking up to a missing cat, I opened my eye to a crappy headache this morning. Suspecting migraine, I popped a couple of ibuprofen, texted my boss and coworker, and tried to sleep it off. Hours later, it’s down to a manageable dull roar. While this suggests it’s not a migraine (yay), it’s a good reminder that I need to cut down on sugar, as it’s pretty much the guaranteed trigger.

During this day of rest and relaxation, we have rented movies from yesterday. Before the sort-of-predictable Desperate Housewives finale, we watched “Vicky Christina Barcelona” (rented because of the hype). I liked the style and some of the story, but the ending was a bit flat. And i’m really not sure why Penelope Cruz got an award… We just finished “Henry Poole Was Here” (rented for lack of hype). I really liked it, actual. Sometimes Luke Wilson’s acting is a little flat, but it was a good story with fun little details weaved in for flavor. This is recommended. Up later this week (or maybe today): “Rachel Getting Married” and “Young At Heart” (documentary about choir of old people who kick butt).

Meanwhile, all weekend effort to get sun to my legs has apparently failed. They are still a healthy shade of whitewash. Perhaps a full beach day is in order.

0 thoughts: